Saturday, October 20, 2012

Fair Ye Maidens, de vin'l is here!

I just bought in an enormous collection of Scottish, Irish, and English folk music on vinyl.  The back story is that the original owner was living in Ireland 1968-1974, and the collection is all U.K. pressings. She was very intent that I was to give these records good homes, and they are all in beautiful shape.  These are the types of albums that every Vermonter can benefit from.  Drinking by the fire, tending to the land, and telling stories.  It's all here!  There are 50-60 LPs here, and I'm pricing them to move. A lot of Planxty, The Corries, and The Watersons.

I mean what I said... these are perfect autumn and winter records!!!  

Here is a video from 1965 of the Watersons doing an amazing version of the song "Hal-An-Tow".  Listen to these harmonies, they are out-of-fucking-sight. 



No comments:

Post a Comment