Saturday, December 15, 2012

Impending Christmas Excitement!

Too many records. I'm a fresh 27 years old and I've already got a bad back from lugging vinyl around all these years. Is it worth it?  

Yes. The answer is yes. 

But, I'm in the process of getting a HEAVY collection, and I'll have to parcel it out in little stacks.  My goal is 25 used pieces hitting the shelf on Tuesday AND EVERY DAY until Christmas Eve. It's a lofty but respectable goal, though the speed of sales this year has been a bit precarious. Where are the elves?

To hold me over through a slow spot, I'm getting into the Christmas spirit! And for me, Christmas Spirit is spelled 

D-A-R-L-E-N-E  L-O-V-E

Here is her song "All Alone On Christmas", from the Home Alone 2 Soundtrack. It features:

1.) Macaulay Culkin, up to mischief
2.) The E Street Band, playing the worst air-instruments of     their lives, dressed like gas station attendants.
3.) Footage of Manhattan in the early 1990's. A magical and terrifying time for the Big Apple.
4.) Beautiful melodies
5.) Christmas bells as instrumentation, which I love.
6.) Macaulay Culkin riding on Clarence Clemons' shoulders.


From our record store to yours... Enjoy


(sorry about the terrible video quality)


No comments:

Post a Comment